When large amounts of hazardous chemicals are spilled a quick response is crucial to minimize the spill area and the vapors emitted. This kit provides both personal protection equipment and chemical neutralizers and absorbers in one handy and mobile location. For use in the bulk storage of chemicals this kit can absorb between 80 to 240L of chemicals. The kits come in wheelie bins that can easily be moved to the site of the spill. The station and handlers can easily be customized to suit your workplace.
How does it work?
Simply don the protective clothing and mark out the spill area with the caution tape. Surround the spill with the appropriate handler working from the outside in and gradually cover the area with granules. Wait a few minutes and test neutralization. Then scoop up the absorbed matter into the bags provided. Dispose of in accordance with regulations.
- 1 x 3.5 Litre of the following chemical spill handlers which can be re-ordered separately from United Biosciences: ACID, BASE, CHLORINE, SOLVENT, FORMALIN/ ALDEHYDES and a GENERAL ABSORBER.
- Filter Spec Pro. Chemical Splash Goggles & P2 Carbon Respirator
- Chemical Resistant Gloves
- Disposable Nitrile Gloves, ( 2 pairs).
- Disposable Plastic Aprons, 2 units.
- Scooper and Scraper, 2 sets.
- Hazmat Pads, 10 units.
- Yellow Contamination Bio Hazard Waste Bags with ties, 4 units.
- Caution tape, to cordon off spill area, 1 roll.
- Spill Boom & Pillow
- Instructions sheet, (handler application notes are on each shaker bottle).
- MSDS sheets available on request for all chemical handlers.